Provides access to the full text of books published by the American Psychological Association.
- To save your search history or results, you can create a free, temporary or permanent, “personal account” ID and password that will work for all OVID products.
- If you do not use the PsycBOOKS/OVID interface for 20 minutes, you will be
automatically timed out. In this case, you may enter your personal account
information or simply return to the University of Alberta Library Home page and
re-enter the database. Note: If you wish to view a document without having your session time out, you can reset the timer located in the top right-hand corner of the page of an open document.
- To return to your search page from the PDF window, click on the Return to OVID session link at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- The default search mode for PsycBOOKSs includes a vocabulary mapping feature that will find subject headings related to your search terms to help broaden your search. To limit your search to the specific term you entered, be sure to deselect this option on the right-hand side of the search box before searching.
- Look for Email buttons, icons, and links located throughout your search session to email the following Ovid content:
- search results records
- journal issue table of contents
- Journals@Ovid full text
- Books@Ovid content
For assistance please contact:
Humanities and Social Sciences Service Desk, Rutherford North
John W. Scott Health Sciences Library Service Desk
Use of this product is restricted to members of the University of Alberta community and to users of the Library's physical facilities. It is the responsibility of each user to ensure that he or she uses this product for individual, non-commercial educational or research purposes only, and does not systematically download or retain substantial portions of information.
Chat is offline right now. Please get in touch with us another way