Services for Persons with Disabilities
The University of Alberta Libraries offer the following services for individuals who require assistance.
Retrieval of Material
- Staff will
- Assist with retrieval.
- Accept holds on available items by phone or e-mail and process for pickup by the following weekday.
- Search for unavailable material.
- Requests should be submitted at a Service Desk or by phone or e-mail, and include complete author, title, volume, page and call number information.
- There will be a charge of 15 cents per copy for photocopying and 15 cents per copy for microcopying.
- Copying will be completed within 24 hours during weekdays. Copying requests on the weekend will be available by 4:00 p.m. Monday. Material will be held at the Service Desk for pick-up.
- Copying requested at the Winspear Business Reference Room before 10:30 a.m. weekdays will not be available until noon the following work day.
- Materials may be borrowed for six weeks, subject to recall.
Exceptions: periodicals, curriculum and reserve materials.
- To qualify for this service, please contact Specialized Support and Disability Services at 780-492-3381 or 780-492-7269 (tty).
Additional services for users with print disabilities
The Reading Edge is available in Rutherford North. It scans and reads printed material.
Links to other libraries
The Edmonton Public Library catalogue includes talking books, daisy books, descriptive video/DVD (video or DVD with added narration) and large print books.
The CNIB catalogue includes braille, talking books, descriptive video, and electronic material.