Introduction to Managing, Sharing and Storing Research Data in ALES, Engineering & Science
This one hour session will introduce graduate students, post docs and faculty to the tools available to manage, share and store (short-term) research data. UALibraries supports DMP Builder for developing data management plans and Dataverse a tool used to share or house data in a secure environment. Participants will be able to:
Seven Pillars of Searching: Strategies for Graduate-Level Literature Search
This session will cover seven approaches to searching for scholarly and research literature, for students who are working on graduate-level or honours thesis projects. We will help you to know when to choose what strategy, which ones work together, and how to build your confidence in finding literature.
March 11, 1:00-3:00pm, Cameron 1-30
March 12, 6:00-8:00pm, Rutherford South 2-03
March 24, 3:00-5:00pm, Rutherford South 2-03
Please register at least 3 days prior to the session.
Introduction to Systematic Review Searching - RCPSC CME Credit Available
This session will provide an overview of the requirements for systematic review searches. This session will consist of lectures, practical exercises, and hands-on database searching. By the end of the session participants will be able to:
1. Identify systematic reviews and distinguish them from other reviews,
2. Recognize the breadth of resources required to execute a systematic review search,
3. Develop a well formulated search question and structure a search using the PICO format,
4. Know how to apply appropriate date, language and publication type limits,
5. Document a search in a standardized form,
6. Understand the importance of peer-review of systematic review searches
7. Recognize the level of expert searching needed for a systematic review
Participants are encouraged to bring search topics, but this is not required.
This session is part of the "Information Skills for Health Professionals" program, a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Restricted to University of Alberta Faculty, Staff and Students. CCID and password are required for participation.
To be placed on a waiting list for a full session, please contact Erin Sanderman at email@example.com