Health Sciences Library Orientation
This session will give a general overview of the John W. Scott Health Sciences Library and its resources including how to use the library catalogue and where to locate various health sciences resources using the University of Alberta Libraries website.
By the end of this session, you will:
1. Be aware of the services available at the John W. Scott Health Sciences Library
2. Be familiar with University of Alberta Libraries website
3. Tour the John W. Scott library and gain familiarity with the facility
To cancel your registration or to be placed on a waiting list for a full session, please contact Erin Sanderman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction to RefWorks
RefWorks is a web-based citation manager which allows you to import and organize references, and generate reference lists. Learn to use RefWorks, a web-based citation manager:
- to import and organize references;
- to cite references in Word documents; and,
- to automatically format bibliographies in a number of reference styles.
The emphasis in this session will be on the use of RefWorks for health sciences databases and resources.
This course is open to all University of Alberta faculty, staff and students who have a valid Campus Computing ID (CCID).
Library Resources for Nursing Graduate Students
This session will provide Nursing graduate students with an introduction to the U of Alberta library resources and services that will support their study and research. By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
1. Access and effectively search the major health sciences databases.
2. Make effective use of our Discovery System
3. Access support services such as interlibrary loan, our institutional repository (ERA) and data management tools.