CANSIM (via CHASS)
Please note: Access to CANSIM via CHASS is restricted to current students, staff and faculty at the University of Alberta and may be used only for non-commercial purposes.
Please acquaint yourself with the conditions of use below before accessing the CANSIM II database.
Conditions of Use
Your use of the CANSIM database, which is accessed through network services provided by CHASS at the University of Toronto, is subject to the following conditions:
- These data are the property of the Government of Canada and this agreement is only a licence to use these data. No title or other rights are conveyed under this licence.
- These data are provided for the exclusive purposes of teaching, academic research and publishing, and/or planning of educational services by the University of Alberta , and may not be used for any other purposes without the explicit written approval, in advance, of Statistics Canada.
- These data are to be made available only to educators, students and staff members of the University of Alberta and only while they have such status with the University.
- Authorized users and other persons associated with the University of Alberta are prohibited from using these data in the pursuit of any commercial or income-generating venture either privately, or under the auspices of the University.
- The distribution of any data obtained under this agreement outside of the University of Alberta through sale, donation, transfer or exchange of any portion of these data files in any way is expressly prohibited.
- The inclusion of limited quantities of these data in research communications, scholarly papers, journals and the like is permitted.
- No copy of any portion of these data may be retained by any authorized user, except as required for backup purposes, without the explicit written permission of Statistics Canada;
- The downloading of limited quantities of these data for the purposes described in item 2 above is permitted for use by authorized users only.