Page last updated: March 18, 2022
All library locations are open.
See the links below for more information about the following locations/services:
- Bruce Peel Special Collections
- Digital Scholarship Centre
- Research Data Centre
- University of Alberta Archives
Masks Strongly Recommended
We strongly recommend that you continue to wear masks in our library locations - these are high-traffic and high-capacity spaces where you may be in close proximity to others. We also ask that students, faculty, staff and visitors to the U of A Library respect the choices of others in our community regarding masking as we transition into this next phase together.
Food / Drink Policy
No food is permitted. Beverages permitted but only in containers with a lid.
Please do not come to the library if:
- You have a fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 and are required to isolate
- You have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days and have been ordered to isolate
The University of Alberta Library aims to provide a safe and healthy environment for all library patrons and our staff. Your patience with our staff is appreciated and abuse of staff members will not be tolerated.
- Book return available 24/7 outside of Rutherford library.
- Book return available 24/7 outside of Augustana library and there is also a book return available inside, beside the library entrance.
- Book return available in Cameron Library during open hours
- Book return available outside the JW Scott Health Sciences library
- Book return slot available outside the Bibliothèque Saint-Jean