Book Study Space
Please note: The Library has designated study rooms in Cameron as Temporary Workspace Locations that may be booked by students attending online courses while on campus. However ALL study rooms including those in Cameron can be booked by UofA students. These campus drop-in spaces are designated during specified days/times as quiet zones intended for online exams.
Detailed room information is available once you choose your library.
18 rooms (main floor and basement)
Study Room Rules
- Study rooms are available for booking during library hours.
- Study rooms may be booked up to seven days in advance.
- For the regular term: Users can book up to 2 hours per day. Bookings are in 30-minute increments - up to a max of 2 bookings per day across all library locations.
- For exam period bookings only: Users can book in up to 4 hours per day. Bookings are in 1-hour increments - up to a max of 2 bookings per day across all library locations.
- Block booking of rooms (i.e. one booking per each student group member) is not acceptable.
- Masks required in study rooms if working with groups of 1+ people. Masks may removed ONLY if working alone.
- Food is not allowed. Beverages in closed containers are permitted.
- Please cancel your booking if you no longer need to use the space. A 15-minute grace period will be given for all room bookings and occupancy, after which time your booking is considered forfeited to others. Library staff may delete the booking so that another may book the room.
- To ensure equitable access to study rooms, especially during exam times, guidelines may be revised.
- Rooms are not secure; U of A Library is not responsible for loss or damage of items left unattended in the room.
- Please remove all personal items and garbage when vacating rooms. Please take care of the equipment and facilities so that we can continue to offer you these services.