Join our Student Library Advisory Committee!
Make your voice heard in the Libraries and make a difference on campus!
U of A Libraries is recruiting new members for this year's Student Library Advisory Committee (SLAC).
The committee meets once a month throughout the school year. All undergraduate, graduate, and international students at U of A are eligible to apply.
SLAC members work with librarians to find new ways to improve library services, and help get the word out about library initiatives. Along the way, they get a behind-the-scenes look at one of Canada's largest academic libraries and meet other students from across campus.
Accepting applications until September 27, 2018.
What we are looking for:
- An interest in libraries
- A willingness to share your experiences and perspectives
- The ability to communicate well
- A commitment to attend up to six Monday evening meetings (5:00-7:00 pm) between October and April (October 15 and November 19 for Fall 2018 term)
What's in it for you:
- Give input to library decisions
- Meet new people
- Develop your professional network at the University of Alberta
- Gain experience in a committee setting
- Gain references from library staff
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the operation of one of Canada's largest academic research libraries