Use of Refinitiv Workspace for Students, and its two add-on modules (Datastream, After Market Research) is restricted to students, faculty, and staff of the University of Alberta. It is the responsibility of each user to ensure that they use these products for individual, non-commercial, educational, or research purposes only, and do not systematically download or retain substantial portions of information.
This product requires individual registration with a University of Alberta email address. Due to limits on the number of concurrent registrations, all student accounts will be removed following the end of each academic term. Students requiring access for an additional term will need to re-register for access.
To register: follow these instructions
- The Refinitiv platform is optimized for use on the Chrome browser
Restrictions on use:
- Downloading of the desktop version of Refinitiv Workspace for students is not permitted for the UofA Library
- For Datastream: downloading is limited to a maximum of 10 million data points per calendar month
- For Research Analyst Reports: viewing, printing and downloading is limited to 150 pages per user, per 24 hour period
- For Research Analyst Reports: viewing, printing and downloading is also limited to a report value limit of $2,000 per user, per calendar year, based on the commercial value of individual reports. NOTE: There is no actual cost generated for users. For each user, the platform will display the amount of available content remaining
- Tutorials for Refinitiv Workspace for Students
- Refinitiv Academy: free, scheduled, 30-60 minute tutorials
- Call the Refinitiv help desk: 1-800-738-8377
- Visit MyRefinitiv Support