Images of Research (IOR) is an opportunity for current University of Alberta graduate students and postdoctoral fellows from all disciplines to capture, share, and present the essence of their research in one image.
This competition and its month-long exhibition showcase and preserve graduate and postdoctoral research in print and digital form, foster engagement, and support graduate students’ and postdoctoral fellows’ academic and career endeavours.
Winners and semifinalists will be selected by a multidisciplinary jury according to the following criteria:
- Overall originality/creativity
- Aesthetic appeal of image
- Relationship between image and Entrant’s research
- Clarity of written description and title
Six prizes will be awarded as follows:
- First Place - $800
- Second Place - $600
- Third Place - $500
- Two Honourable Mentions - $250 each
- One People’s Choice - $250 (determined by online public vote)
Semi-finalist and winning images will be archived in the University of Alberta’s open access institutional repository (ERA).