Food & Drink Policy
Our goal is to ensure a welcoming and comfortable learning environment for all who use our Library facilities.
What is permitted?
- Cold snack foods may be consumed in the Library.
- Hot and cold drinks with lids or in spill-proof cups/screw-top bottles are acceptable.
What is not permitted?
- No hot and/or aromatic foods in any area.
- No food deliveries to the Library.
- In an effort to protect the equipment, consuming food is not permitted at computer workstations. Please use caution when consuming drinks with lids or in spill-proof cups/screw-top bottles.
Locations where NO FOOD OR DRINK is permitted:
- Bruce Peel Special Collections
- Archives Reading Room
Please help us maintain our facilities and collections by:
- Disposing of waste, recycling, and compostable materials in the provided bins.
- Letting our staff know about any spills or garbage issues.
Library users in violation of the food and drink policy may be asked to discard their food, store it out of sight (e.g., in a backpack), or leave the Library.
Last reviewed and approved by Public Service Council on August 12, 2022.