Organize my Data
Prepare my Data Management Plan (DMP)
A data management plan (DMP) will:
- define the steps you need to manage your data
- strengthen your research ethics application
- ensure you follow funder and journal requirements
- clarify what you need for longer-term data management
- give your data a longer lifespan and strengthen your research process
Data Management Plan (DMP) Consultation
Consulting with Libraries' staff can be arranged anytime during the data management lifecycle: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protect Your Data
The Office of the Vice Provost (Information Technology) states, "Data protection and safeguards must be implemented in a manner that is commensurate with its value and sensitivity." If you have confidential data you should consider data encryption. A computer is vulnerable to physical security and may be stolen or hacked.
Use a secure environment to share selected research data with individuals and/or groups;Dataverse provides remote, secure backup to your data. Using a free cloud services such as Dropbox is not recommended.